Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dean's

I have too many ideas to just keep to myself. I’m exploding with ideas but I don’t know how to fully express them. I can’t think of anything more frustrating than not being able to fully express yourself in the manner that you want. That’s why I make art.

I make art because I want people see what I was think. Sure I could write down my thoughts for future generations but that leaves too much to interpretation. I want everyone to know exactly want I was seeing in my mind.

I make art because creation is the ultimate freedom.

I make art becusae it is never the same twice.

I make art because I can keep it to myself and share it with everyone at the same time.

I make art because once it is made it can’t be unmade. Even if it is destroyed, it was made.

I make art because it can evoke emotion with words, or contact.

I make because it isn’t always good and it isn’t always bad.

I make art because your idea of art and my idea of art are two different things and that’s awesome.

I make art because it is constant even when the style changes.

I make art because everyone can make art but not like me.

I make art because it’s MYART.




-Dean Parham Jr