Sunday, March 4, 2007

Michael

Michael J. Wyen
Artist Statement
As an artist I like to explore all of the
possibilities of art whether it be photography, video
or writing. Blogging allows me to share my art and
views with the rest of the world. This is a great
opportunity for me to get my work out to the public
without begging to show it in an art gallery, or to be
published.
Photography is one of my passions and I have been
greatly influenced by people such as Jerry Uelsmann
and Duane Michals. Since I was a child, doodling on
scrap paper, I have tried to imitate the work of
surrealist painters such as Dali and Magritte but I
try to incorporate a surrealist feel to photography.
Video on the other hand can be either fantasy or
reality.
As a journalist I am interested in facts and nothing
but the facts, but as an artist I love to explore the
world of fantasy. Recently I have been interested in
documentary work. Sometimes reality is stranger than
fantasy. Most of my documentary work will be posted on
Escape to the woods, Mike Wyen blogspot, and The Art
of Mike. I may not put my personal documentary work on
Rants of a Nonconformist, unless it pertains to the
subject and works in with the story.
In studying journalism I have lost interest in the art
of writing. Creating these blog sites has restores my
passion for writing. I usually have to go and
interview boring people talking about boring issues
that have noting to do with my interests. In Escape to
the Woods and possibly Rants of a Nonconformist I have
the opportunity to interview people speaking on issues
of interest to me, thus reminding me why I am studying
what I’m studying.
I have many interest almost too many. The world is
full of possibilities and different faucets to
explore. As an artist and explorer I wish to
experience as much as possible and then share it with
the rest of the world. The internet is just one form
of media that allows me and the rest of the world to
preach from the pulpit.