Sunday, November 11, 2007

Art Statement

I am an artist because I adore saturated colors. I am fascinated by bold colors and lines, and the vast impact these attributes have on a viewer. Texture creates a connection between the viewer and the artwork. It is something that everyone can understand and relate to. Texture, colors, patterns, and contrast should be as vibrant and vivid as I envision them. I believe that a brilliant color ignites the viewer’s attention and lures them into the digital space for further observation.

The subject of my art relates directly to the moment in time in which I create it. Resembling a diary, art is as a way to release and express my thoughts, feelings, and desires. Instead of writing sentences, I attempt to create a question. I want this question to provoke the viewer to contemplate my thoughts, passions, and experiences. Perhaps they will feel a connection. Interpreting art isn’t about words.

Marcel Duchamp once said “I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own tastes.” I think that it is vital to constantly evolve and grow as an artist. I try to experiment as much as I can so that I may grow as much as I possibly can from every artwork I create. It is the essence of art to evolve. With experimentation, I grow and expand into the artist I aspire to be. I obtain as much knowledge from a failed art piece, as I do from a successful one. I thrive at the challenge of making good artwork.