Wednesday, October 8, 2008

a statement

I would like my artwork to be seen and appreciated. Ideally I would like people to feel something positive from what they’re seeing. Even if there are negative feelings that occur in the viewer, as long as they are passionate feelings, that is alright too. I would like the feelings to be, whether positive or negative, so great that they want to discuss what they’ve seen.

I create art because I am a visual person who suffers from social anxiety. I am not social with the public, so I use art as a means to communicate and entertain. Also, when I was in kindergarten I did not want to waste time with picking my future career and decided I would become a cartoonist. Over the years my career goals have changed from being a cartoonist to a special effects make-up artist, screenwriter, costume and stage designer, editor to an animator again. Even though my career goals have changed frequently, one thing has remained. I have always wanted to be involved in the entertainment industry. I am a quiet entertainer.