Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Statement

I am a young video artist whose work emphasizes the multiplicity of the psyche as individuals voluntarily put arbitrary pressure and stress on themselves. My hope is to initiate discussion on social standards and how different individuals interpret them. I am interested in showing the contrast between inward feelings and outward expressions.

Through my art, I hope to present ambiguously relatable situations to an audience and have them examine those situations in a way that makes them question the importance of what otherwise would be considered common behavior.
Ideally, the audience’s experience, whether enjoyed or despised, will not be fleeting, but rather an experience that lingers long enough to at least strike up a conversation about the human condition.