Sunday, July 19, 2009

a statement

I am a translator of scientific thought and theory into various areas of the digital art medium. I draw my inspiration from theoretical math and physics, astronomy, as well as modern computer electronics. The overarching goal of my work is to have my audience value these heavily conceptual scientific ideas by bridging the gap between scientific theory and artistic expression. My hope is to invoke new and unique ways of visualizing and thinking about technological frontiers, as well as inspire my audience to do the same, whether it’s being introduced to them for the first time, or presented in a new and distinctive way.

My work encompasses 3D computer models/animations as well as 2D animations and conceptual illustrations related to everything from cosmology on macroscopic scales, to string theory on microscopic scales. It’s also very important for me to tie together all the loose ends in a way that allows my audience to appreciate these concepts as I do. I hope to bring visually compelling and thought provoking pieces that shed an open light onto the forefront of theoretical science.