Sunday, December 13, 2009

Jame's statement

As an artist, my intention is to make the world a more beautiful place in which to exist. Daily life is profound and fascinating if we allow it to reveal itself. I want to take the "mundane" and give it richness, the "banal"-- exquisiteness. These qualities allow for moments in our lives to teach us and bring our experience to a higher level.
As an artist I seek to connect and unite individuals through witnessing and engaging with my art. Whether I am performing on stage, choreographing, or shooting and editing a video I want to provide an arena for connection. By revealing and allowing my subject's humanity (that which makes them unique and interesting...i.e. the James-ish-ness) to seep out through my art, I wedge a crust of light into any feeling of isolation or withdrawal from society and each other.