Monday, May 16, 2011

Mike's statement

I’ve never thought of myself as an artist. Do I enjoy art? Do I wish I thought of myself
in that way? Yes, of course. I am majoring in film, which is considered a form of art,
so it’s interesting that I did not think of myself as an artist until asked to complete
this assignment. My focus is film is editing because that is where I feel most
comfortable and what enjoy the most. After the director I believe that the editor
has the most control over a film. The more I edit the more I notice how little details
within the editing process are so important. An editor either takes their own or
someone else’s work and molds into what they believe will work best. So in the end
I see myself as an artist who works as a medium for someone else’s art to reach it’s
potential. With every transition and effect I use on a project I mold it into something
all my own