Sunday, August 14, 2011

Neil's Statement

Growing up the youngest of three in a small town, I frequently created my own means of amusement. Years later and I continue to channel this creative process, evolving it more specifically to focus on art. Daily, I appreciate my freedom and flexibility to produce art based upon my personal experience and preferences. In my opinion, to possess this talent is a huge blessing, gift, and opportunity to impact others.

Art can be interpreted in countless ways, making it unique to each viewer. My art is an outward expression of my life experiences, memories, and emotions. From the stories represented in my art, the viewer creates a new story to be shared.

I am interested in how people create memories, how memories evolve, and how they influence others. Many ideas and interests come from my involvement with community service. The infectious nature a positive attitude and selfless action has on our surroundings is incredible. My artwork urges viewers to reflect on their life and positively transform their lives and environment.