Saturday, October 1, 2011

Rashida's statement

My decision to go into film stemmed from my appreciation of all forms of art. The amazing thing about film is that it is a combination of photography, music, theatre, literature through dialogue, fashion and costume design, and even animation and graphic design.  I have always been a very visual person so any medium that allows me to express myself visually naturally draws me in.  My decision to go into film, particularly cinematography, as a career rather than a hobby is largely influenced by my experiences with being misrepresented in film and television and my knowledge of the marginalizing effect that this has on misrepresented groups. With my career in film, I aim to give a voice to the groups who have been previously silenced, misrepresented, or rendered invisible.