Sunday, November 25, 2012

Kyle's Statement

First, let me state that I do not consider myself an artist. 

Maybe its the time I spent studying engineering before switching majors.
Maybe I just don't understand what an artist is exactly.
Well, to be honest, I really don't understand what an artist is exactly.

So what am I trying to do with my 'art'? 
I'm interested in experiences.

I love crafting scenes,
I love creating fact from fiction,
I love immersion.

In my 'art' I am always attempting to create something for an audience.
I want people to see my work,
I want them to hear my work,
I want them to feel my work.
I want them to taste and touch my work.
 
And through their experiences I gain satisfaction.
I am the silent observer, watching from a distance, 
vicariously enjoying the thrill of exploration as they take in my 'art'.

Really, its all very selfish. 

I provide the stage,
craft the scene exactly the way I want it,
and they, the audience, are my actors,
providing me with a sort of entertainment which only serves
to push me forward, to craft and scheme even more.

Without them, my work means nothing to me.