Monday, December 3, 2012

Andrea's statement

I've always been the kid who draws. Drawing for me was definitely my step into arty world, but it was mainly a hobby. It was never until the past few years that I realized my art could mean a lot more. My drawings were always very meditative for me, I enjoyed not thinking of anything when drawing and letting hours fly by... But this was the extent of each drawing's meaning. They were just a way to cope with that present moment.

It wasn't until I started getting into photo and video that I wanted to put concepts and meanings behind my work that other people could grasp. I guess because drawings are more for me, and that meditation, while photos and videos can be made pretty instantly and need a deeper meaning to sustain importance. So I began creating videos in effort to try and grasp onto certain memories, feelings, or theories I had. But mainly my art is just a big emotional expression of me trying to hold onto and capture every bit of beauty and pain I feel in my life. For some reason i think its so important to remember emotions, because if you let them slip you'll end up making the same mistakes and feeling the same things over and over again and life wont move forward.

I also feel this need to capture feeling because once someone gets your art and can identify with it, you then have the faith that what you felt was real, and what you felt was justified. And I think every human just wants some faith, and art is how people find that peace and identification with themselves and others.