Monday, July 22, 2013

Cyrus' statement

As an artist I aspire to change the world. Art has a direct relationship with the mind and heart. Art can make you feel things you don't want to feel, or make you look at life from an angle that was hidden before. I am an artist because I have cultivated an ability to harness and appreciate this incredible power. Without art, life would be meaningless. Without art, humans would have no mechanism to understand one another and themselves. Good art must be disordered. I am an artist because creating art is exceptionally difficult. I am an artist because creating art is physically exhausting and emotionally painful. The only time I feel content with myself is after some form of expression. I do not understand how others dispose of toxic emotions without expression. I do not understand how one retains their insanity without expression. The only catharsis stronger than consuming art is providing catharsis for someone who consumes your art.