Monday, July 22, 2013

Peter's statement

I never thought of myself as an artist. I used to do terrible in art class; can't draw, can't paint, and can't model clay to save my life. But in my senior year of High School, I took a photography class and instantly fell in love with it. It was a mysterious place I have never visited before and I wanted to reveal all of its secrets. I was hooked. But I think the best part about it was all of the memories captured, both on paper and in my mind. I had one of the best years of my life then, hanging out with all of my friends, goofing off with our cameras and sneaking into events lying that we were in the High School Yearbook class. When I look at a photograph, I see the snow melting on my hands, my best friend's dog knocking me down, driving around at night with nothing to do, her smile piercing my heart… These are all memories I want to hold on to forever because they reminds me of where I've been and where I want to go. Art is about doing what you love, because this life is short and it would be a shame to waste it.