Sunday, May 6, 2007

A statement

I create art for many different reasons, not the least of which will be to someday make a living off of it. In terms of my theory or process about making art, I just want to create something beautiful. Everyday people are rushing around and so caught up in their lives, that if I can create a piece that makes them stop and think, then I was successful. I am always trying to expose the little things in life. One prime example is the way I paint. I usually paint from a picture because I believe that the process of copying it is like a filter. A painting, just by its very nature, is more beautiful then a photograph. I think this can also apply to technology based artwork. We use the computer as our brush, and show the world through a technology based filter. I love the duality of art. How it is usually created in an intimate way, with an intimate touch, and yet, we make it to put it on display for all to see. Exposing how we see the world. I also do not like when people try to define art too much. I believe that while an artist can say something, or try and say something, in a piece, it ultimately comes down to how the viewer perceives the work. I like how a single piece of artwork can mean many things to many different people. That is why I create art, to try and influence someone on a personal level.