Sunday, July 29, 2007

a statement

People have asked me if I consider myself an artist. To that question, I answer, “Yes.” Using art, I attempt to convey an idea to people. It’s difficult to explain emotions through words. I find it much easier and more effective to explain emotions using images, either still or moving. Images can spark people imaginations, make them feel a certain way, or make them understand what’s happening with me and how I feel about something in particular. Granted, the images, to some, will be unsuccessful, but the attempt made in the art is all that matter. If the images can’t make a person realize something or feel a certain way, then it would be impossible for words to describe the same thing. A picture is worth a thousand words? That would mean my video art is worth 27,790 words per second.