Sunday, November 11, 2007

Art Statement

I am an artist because artists fascinate me. I am always pleasantly surprised by what beauty artists are capable of creating or revealing. To see people make such inspiring, aesthetic work proves to me there is no limit to human creativity and expression. This only further encourages me to test me own level of originality and imagination.

If I can create beautiful work that is effective in communicating a message and affective in touching others, I will feel like I am contributing to the accomplishments of human history. Unlike animals, humans have found a way to communicate their emotions or views through art. Humans have created a way to connect with and affect others all over the world through music, paintings, drama, etc. I find this to be a true achievement and if I can achieve this, I will be an artist.