Monday, May 5, 2008

Hannah's Statement

“It’s important to abolish the unconscious dogmatism that makes people think their way of looking at reality is the only sane way of viewing the world. My goal is to try to get people into a state of generalized agnosticism, not agnosticism about God alone,but agnosticism about everything.”



Robert Anton Wilson, quoted above, puts into words a motivation that I have had since mid-adolescence. It was then that I began to actively explore the possibilities of other realities and in turn my own perception began to shift dramatically. As a result, I generally feel that in our ‘age of certainty’, there remains much to discover.



I believe in believing in things that cannot be proven, and as I thought of the Robert Anton Wilson quote above, I noted that the educated flaunt an accumulation of information regarding general things such as trees, and roads, light, color and people. Every day we strive to confirm our beliefs of the hows and whats of our world’s content. Herein lies, for me, the broader goal in art making. I have always felt that art is the most potent tool for translating the challenging and significant content of the world – therefore I assume the responsibility of the maker, with high hopes of propelling our community into a future of radiant possibility.