Monday, May 5, 2008

A statement

Art is all about emotion and the portrayal of feelings. It puts what cannot be easily explained into images, sounds, or other forms and it creates a meaning about it. Since its meaning can be interpreted differently by different people, what is being felt by the artist may or may not get through to the viewer.

As an artist, I must develop an emotion towards my work of art and it is also my job to depict that emotion in a way that is acceptable and easily read by whoever sees it. Even though my reaction towards the piece may vary from viewers’ there can still be some sort of meaning derived from it. With video as a medium, there are several different ways to help convey these emotions: music, mise-en-scene, etc., with which to make the experience more full and that is the reason I am drawn to video.

Through art, it is my goal to provide the viewer with an experience that can be analyzed and interpreted in many different ways.