Sunday, October 4, 2009

a statement

To be honest I don’t feel very creative this quarter. I don’t know what it is, but I feel like I’m in a rut. There’s just, so much going on out in the art world that it overwhelms and belittles me because I’m scared. Scared that one day all my creative juices will cease and I’ll never be able to make work that will get people to stop and look. I know that it’s just part of being an artist by questioning your work and accepting the fact that you’re not always going to have fantastic ideas pouring out of you at every waking moment and that there will be times when you feel like this. I also know that I will overcome this road block and realize that what I need to do is just relax and breathe. It’s like what I’ve said in most of my other art statements about stopping and enjoying the simple pleasures in life and to not let the negative vibes get me down. I want to create something, even though I might not know what it is yet, but just the passion there in my bones gives me the motivation and hope to know that I will achieve what I intend to do and that is create.