Sunday, December 13, 2009

Jame's statement

As an artist, I like to make my art to make people laugh. I think humor is probably one of the few things that everyone can agree on. Just like a smile is universal, humor is too. Whether or not someone smiles or laughs at the same thing, something will always make them laugh and smile. That’s why I think humor is so important. That’s also why much of my art has a strange childish side to it. To me it seems that when you grow up, you lose a lot of the things that would have once made you laugh and smile, and quite honestly if everyone really had a choice of growing up would you really choose to? That is what I like to do with my art, to make people laugh at something that maybe they wouldn’t have thought of as being funny and to bring back a little bit of being a kid again.