Sunday, April 11, 2010

Jared

I find myself drawn to working on things that are very much so technology oriented and sometimes seem to be beyond my abilities. I often approach work currently based on prompts received in a class or through discussion with professors within the classroom. I often like to challenge myself while doing work to try things that are outside of my comfort zone, especially if it allows me to learn a new technique for creating something.

I tend to set out a plan in the beginning of a project and then use that as more of a guideline than a recipe for my works. I enjoy letting things happen spontaneously and try to let my work create its own feeling during the process of creation. I feel allowing my work to become something I had not planned on is something I do often, because I find it intriguing how even the best laid plans can result in the unexpected. Most of my work stems from frustration and urgency more than anything, largely because I often take far too long to decide what direction I want to go in, and less time working.

Currently my work is largely based in the technology side of art and predominantly within the computer itself. I have recently begun 3d modeling and am really excited about the possibilities it presents for bringing my thoughts into a visual piece.