Sunday, November 14, 2010

a statement

In order to create authenticity and effectiviness in my work, I draw inspiration from many of my personal experiences. Each piece I make deals with an issue of some kind, whether it focuses on feelings, color, personal space, or influential change, my goal is to evoke thought and self evaluation in each viewer. Continuing my education and progressing as an art student, I have recently broken into the realm of focusing on the issues and affects of pesonal space in association with color, feeling, and emotions. I explore the connection between a viewer and my artwork while also focusing on the surroundings and feelings they experience in that space. Discovering how each individual experiences my work is almost as important as creating the work itself. I will continue to develop the issues I work with and hope to learn more about my work and the people who view it.