Sunday, November 14, 2010

a statement

As an artist I’m constantly seeking out different ways to express myself. Yes, art is expression. However, a lot of times when things get rough, or your mood takes a turn, or your excited about something there isn’t a good way to show it. I personally have a huge issue finding the right words to say sometimes. So the best way I know how to express myself is through what I create. Most times it serves as a great outlet; a buffer for my sanity, if you will.

With video specifically, if I can take a character or an object and somehow creatively portray my feelings through someone or something else, then I’ve done my job. I get an intense sense of accomplishment when people understand me just because I was able to relate to them on an emotional level through something dissimilar to my circumstance, but emotionally equivalent.

At the end of the day, if I can get it out of my head and into a project, then I can look back on it with un-bias eyes. It’s the best way for me to relieve stress and work out my problems.