Sunday, November 21, 2010

a statement

I create art as an antidote to Mean World Syndrome. A significant portion of the mass media that bombards me can tip me into hopeless if I am not balanced by holding onto lighter happier media. The primary goal of my art pieces is to create an oasis; small place where the mind can relax, before re-entering the fray.

I am interested in looking for moments. While this will not preclude sustained narrative, I believe that it is in these moments where I find inspiration into appreciation of my own personal moments. turning the eye to these small moments, over and over, eventually trains the mind to return to the place of appreciation of these tiny packets of now. It is there in that place of appreciation that I am able to withstand the barrage of media. This is truly an antidote to Mean World Syndrome.