Sunday, November 21, 2010

a statement

I am not a conventional artist, I don’t think artistically at all times during the day. I don’t like to plan out my projects. I love to create on my own terms and at my own pace and I think that is when my best work is created.

Like many others I find it hard to explain what my work means, but one definite goal I have is to inspire. In creating, my hope is that I can draw emotions out of my audience, give them something to think about. I’m very interested in what kind of experience my viewers take from my pieces.

I believe that art is a way of expression. A way to represent sounds, images, colors, feelings, and shapes in a way that makes sense to the artist. The one that I enjoy about being an artist is the fact that art can be anything and there are no limitations to what can be created.