Sunday, November 21, 2010

a statement

As an artist, I have often questioned my motives for creating. The reasons have evolved since my decision to become a fine artist, just as my techniques and inspirations. I find that the only way I am able to successfully fulfill my path as an artist is to evolve, and with that I look for inspiration from all angles. With that pre-empting, I am able to deduce that my mission as an artist is to combine what is often not combined, to display the expected in unexpected ways, and to push to the limit what habits have been perpetuated throughout the times., in regards to the visual world. If I am able to surprise and awe viewers, showing them that what they are seeing is perhaps not all that is before them, then I will have completed my short-term goals, eager to push through to the edge of my imagination.