Sunday, November 21, 2010

a statement

A lot of my work as an artist is focused on the things in life that are usually invisible to the seeing eye, but have more affect on the world than those that are visible. In a strong sense, I believe the things people have to feel without being able to see have a stronger emotional affect on them. I try to visualize what these otherwise invisible feelings and senses would look like to a person related to how it would make them feel. Lately, I have been especially interested in the deterioration of a person's well-being and identity as their physical being is attacked by a disease or illness. From my experience of what I have seen people go through, the physical deterioration is apparently by simply sight, but the emotional and spiritual downfall slowly takes away their identity and changes the person more than their physical changes.