Sunday, November 21, 2010

a statement

As a video artist who works mostly with live events and performances, I try to convey
my view and perception of the event in a manner that is as genuine and emotionally
connected as possible. I enjoy viewing each project from the audience perspective and
respecting the opportunity to be the link between a once in a lifetime story and the
viewer’s eyes. Bands will play shows all over the world and football at Ohio State will live long past my days here, but the subtle details of emotion and feeling that make each performance individual and unique are the focus of my work.

In personal exploration I find the most interesting aspect of video is the emergence of something new. Even the most horrific failures in advancements are of interest to me. The drive to make something truly unique and without influence by any other idea or concept is so rare today that I would like to show a perspective of reality through video in such a way, that it leaves the viewer with more of an emotional attachment and genuine understanding for when someone says, “you really should have been there”.