Sunday, March 20, 2011

Zack's statement

For me, art is synonymous with the ability to evoke emotions. The best way
I’ve found to do this is through moving images, which mostly take the form of
cartoons. Through my narratives, I project fantastical worlds and the characters
that dwell within them, simultaneously creating a new fictional place and indirectly
probably expanding the reality of some parallel dimension that only exists because
of the imaginations of people in this dimension.

Art isn’t so much a business to me, and as such I can’t honestly say it’s done
with a goal in mind. The stories I tell exist in my head, and the characters are as real
as any person I know. I have this nature urge to talk about them and share them
because I feel like if I don’t, then their existence will be lost once I’m gone, and I
can’t imagine a fate worse than that. I’m essentially the intermediary that allows the
fictional creatures I create to exist within this world.