Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jonathan's statement

The main reason I do what I do is communication. Through storytelling, and specifically the
use of video/film medium, I can communicate with people on an entirely new level. I’ve
found I primarily have two options when it comes to communicating through video. First,
I can imitate mainstream and classic techniques in order to dictate to audiences a certain
feeling about what I shown on video. Secondly, I can attempt to simply present a subject
without any major influences on how an audience should react. I enjoy doing both, and
communicating through video/film allows me to communicate new idea’s, experiences and
emotions using either option. I think there is so much in life that is “new” to someone, and
video has great potential to deliver that.