Monday, May 9, 2011

Briana's statement

I aim to create visual solutions that are pleasing to the eye and compelling to the soul. I am a creative problem solver, an immersive learner, and above all, I am passionate about using art to impact people and transform society. My purpose has always been to channel my creativity in a meaningful way. My thinking combines logic and function with emotion and innovation. My strength lies in taking the intangible and making it accessible. I am convinced that you learn art not just through art, but through experiencing life. Just as art shapes culture, my cultural identity has shaped my art. I am an artist because it gives me the opportunity to be a storyteller that expresses and communicates complexities.

As a visual communicator, I find where design, art, photography, and video making can intersect. There are many aspects of video shooting that are in the domain of design. When graphic design tools are combined with other forms of media, it can be very powerful in informing, engaging, and educating audiences. I hope to present a topic visually and help people understand and connect in a way that you cannot do through reading a book. Artists can translate any topic and make an impact. In my work, I am driven by a mission and deep sense of responsibility. By telling a powerful, moving, and emotional story with a message, I strongly desire to inspire people to take action and do something. Ultimately, I want to create something with a large human goal and become an active producer of information.