Monday, May 9, 2011

Marshall's Statement

I draw, paint, record music, and make videos. I partake in these activities because I feel I have the ability to and it would be unjust to squander that. I also am at my most artistic when I feel I have something to say, a valid point to make. I always try to improve my skills and challenge myself not to be a better “artist”, but to be a better “Marshall”. I don’t believe in standards based on skill in art. The only bad art in my opinion is art made with the wrong intentions such as selling a product or acquiring fame. My life motto is ( Make. Do. And Make Do. ) The “Make” is my art, the “Do” is activism, humanitarianism and general productivity, and the “Make Do” is the rest of my life; taking whatever hand is dealt to me and using critical thinking to get by.