Monday, June 13, 2011

Drew's statement

I believe my art is based on all of the movies I wanted to make when I was younger but never had the resources or knowledge to be able to make one. These ideas from my childhood are mix in with my concepts and abilities that I have now as a college student. I always like to incorporate childhood playfulness into my work and life, which allows me to not take myself to seriously and enables me to laugh at myself.

Along with laughing at myself I have always liked making others laugh or a least smile. It is healthy to laugh and I believe that as we get older responsibilities and priorities change and people forget that with work there should be fun. My mission in my work is to try and get people to take a break for a moment and remind them of a simpler time like childhood.