Monday, June 13, 2011

Ellen's statement

I am an artist because I consider art and creativity to be one of the most enriching activities a human can participate in. Occupations in the medical field or food production are necessary to keep people alive; art is the reason people want to be alive. As an artist, I want to provide life fulfillment to others and myself through creation, participation, and presentation.

I hope to be able to evoke emotions through my art by creating sensory qualities or environments. In other cases, I hope to entertain or intrigue audiences, or instill a certain curiosity within them. There are images and instances in my life that seem to be highlighted in my mind, and I want to share these ephemeral instances with others. By sharing them, I prolong the existence of these special moments. I can construct narratives through art, and others can relate to these narratives with their own experiences.