Saturday, October 1, 2011

Farah's statement

For some art could be a painting, for someone art could be a music, but for me art is my imagination. I like to create a new way of art using materials in an unexpected way to be creative and unique in some unusual ways. I don’t like to involve so many people when making an art; actually I prefer to work with myself and no one else. It is hard to share your idea with someone else and expect him to understand it the way you think of it. Sometimes it is hard to explain your work to someone because it reflects your subconscious mind. I’m satisfied with my work “In my wonder head” because I controlled and work in each single detail by myself. If I didn’t like something I did, it is easy to fix it with satisfaction, but if I didn’t like something others did in my project it is hard to complain about it. I like Photoshop a lot that sometimes I wish I can Photoshop my life to be perfect. My friends call me photos solutions manual because I always find solutions to their photos through Photoshop. I prefer working with small art projects that are smaller than me because that give me the feeling of control over my works. I cannot decide which colors I prefer to use with my art works because it depends on the place, time, mood, feelings, and the imagination I am thinking of when doing my art work. When people see my work I would like them to think of these five things I mentioned, I want them to think a lot and ask little. The hardest thing to explain for me is to explain my art works.