Saturday, October 1, 2011

Troy's statement

well what i want to portray in my art whether its through video, drawing, or sculpture i wanted to show that simplicity is a great tool in creating ideas and delivering messages. to me being complex and having to much stuff in artwork can sometime cover the message an artist wants to provide to it's viewers. to me being an artist is almost like being a cook, you can use fancy ingredients, add layers upon layers of toppings, but sometimes or usually it takes away from the star in the dish. if you want to show people how well you can cook fish, then the fish should stand out the most in your meal, not the toppings. Art is the same way, so i try to simplify sometimes my artwork so that most individuals whether you have an intensive art background or not you can still enjoy my art just as much as someone who does have an intensive background in art. so to put it simple the message i want to give is, "this is me" hate it or love it.