Sunday, August 26, 2012

Shiyn's Statement

The cinematic art for me is a mirror for the real life. As the cinema theorist Andre Bazin said, cinema is the asymptotic line for reality. I have studied Journalism in China for two years. I believed that I can report news, present justice and discover the truth behind appearance to the public. However, I was disappointed because even the journalists are afraid of telling truth under the pressure of invisible authority. I cannot change the situation and I do not want be one of them. However, I never give up the right to give it voice. Why not change my direction to film making which is a better way to reflect reality. Indirectly, artistically but profoundly influence audience and public. I realize how powerful and emotional the cinema is to tell the story happened around us. Hopefully, I can achieve my dream someday.