Sunday, November 25, 2012

Joshua's Statement


I’ve never considered myself an artist. Nor have I ever considered my work art. So if I wanted my work to achieve one thing, it would be that it is seen as art. It is not until we view our work as art, that we can see ourselves as artists. And it is this acceptance of our artistic roles that gives us the vision to push ourselves and our work.
            I work in video because I truly love it. I love the ability to show others, a new point of view. I love to be able to take something dark and edit it into something beautiful. Programs like Final Cut and After Effects give people the tools to let them translate the stories running through our heads, into something tangible that can be shared with the world. Video is the ultimate medium because you take facets from every area of the art world: visual, audio, narratives, colors…the list is infinitely long. It is because of this world of limitless possibilities that I am an artist.